Budding screenwriters! Win a ticket to 2016 London Screenwriters' Festival!
16 Aug 2016
Calling all budding screenwriters and movie buffs! Would you like to win the opportunity to attend the London Screenwriters’ Festival? Thanks to the generosity of Michael Ashton, a successful play/screenwriter and former prisoner who will be speaking at the Festival, PET has one ticket to give away to the screenwriting event of the year!
The Festival is an annual gathering of emerging and established screenwriters. With over 1,000 attendees, 100 sessions, 150 industry expert speakers and the biggest names in film and TV (from both the UK and Hollywood), the LSF has become the premiere screenwriting event to attend.
One lucky winner will have the opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the world’s finest screenwriters, filmmakers, producers and actors at London’s Regents University. Every year the event plays host to some of the world’s biggest screenwriters, producers, agents and directors. These experts have included:
- Ash Atalla (Producer – The I.T. Crowd, The Office)
- David Hare (Writer – The Reader, The Hours)
- Dan Mazer (Writer – Borat, Ali G)
- Lisa Albert (Writer & Producer – Mad Men)
- Olivia Williams (Actor – The Sixth Sense, An Education)
- Gurinder Chadha (Writer and Director – Bend It Like Beckham)
- Stephen Mangan (Actor – Greenwing, Episodes)
- Phil Redmond (Creator of Brookside, Grange Hill and Hollyoaks)
The three day Festival is 2nd – 4th September, and tickets for this prestigious annual event are usually £348. For your chance to win a ticket, all you have to do is suggest an opening line for a film about prison education. The catch? It can’t be any longer than a tweet!
Tweet PET @PrisonersEd with your idea and include the hashtag #PET1stline
Deadline is 10am on Friday 26th August and the winner will be announced later the same day.
For more information about the London Screenwriters’ Festival, click here.