Sociology A-Level Part 1
The course consists of the following units:
- The Sociology of Education and Schools (School Relationships and Processes, School Sub-cultures)
- Educational Achievement (Class, Gender and Ethnicity and Educational Achievement, Educational Policies)
- Sociological Research Methods (Theory, methods, research, data sources, quantitative and qualitative data)
- The Sociology of Families and Households (Politics, social policy, changing families)
- Childhood Gender and Demographic Change (Gender roles and power, demographic change and the family)
Entry Requirements: Level 2 English and Maths
Assignments: Six written assignments. These do not contribute toward the final grade.
Exams: Two, each are 1 hour 30 minutes, and contribute 50% of the overall grade. (Funding not included – you will need to re-apply to PET for the exam fees).
Prison Support Requirements: Support completion and submission of assignments. Organize and facilitate exams.
Tutor Support: Yes
What’s Next? Sociology A-Level Part 2
Find Out More: From NEC here
whois: Andy White Freelance WordPress Developer London
© Prisoners' Education Trust 2021