The course contains six lessons that follow on from Part 1:
5. Conservatism and Liberalism
6. Socialism and Nationalism
7. U.S. Constitution and Congress
8. The U.S. President and the Supreme Court
9. Democracy and Participation in the U.S.
10. Comparative Approaches
Entry Requirements: Level 2 English, plus Politics A-Level Part 1
Format of Course Materials: Paper-based
Assignments: Six written assignments. These do not contribute towards the final grade.
Exams: Three – all are 2 hours long and count 33.3% towards the final grade. (Funding not included – you will need to re-apply to PET for the exam fees).
Prison Support Requirements: Support completion and submission of assignments. Organize and invigilate exams.
Tutor Support: Yes
What’s Next? Open University Access Module Y032 People, Work and Society
Find Out More: From NEC here
© Prisoners' Education Trust 2021