Organic Arable Farming
The course has 5 lessons:
- A brief history of organic farming, soil structure, organic matter, soil organisms, drainage
- Nutrients in ecosystems, nutrient management, manures, slurry and organic residues
- Crop rotation, polyculture systems, fertility building, rotation design, crops within the rotation, stockless rotations
- Weed management, weed ecology, cultural control practices, direct intervention
- Pest and disease management, causes of pest problems, self-regulation in organic systems, cultural control of pests and diseases, integrated pest management in organic farming.
Entry Requirements: Level 2 English
Assignments: 5 written assignments – one for each lesson
Tutor Support: Yes
What’s Next? An accredited course from the Horticultural Correspondence College, such as RHS Level 2 in Horticulture, or an Open University Access Module leading to a degree in Natural Sciences.
Find Out More: From HCC here
whois: Andy White Freelance WordPress Developer London
© Prisoners' Education Trust 2020