The course consists of the following units:
1. Digestive system
2. Carbohydrates, fats, proteins & water
3. Healthy eating guidelines
4. Weight management
5. Designing a nutrition programme
Entry Requirements: A Level 2 fitness-related qualification
1. Worksheets completions – Covering the principles of nutrition, and important health and safety considerations
2. Case study – Learners create a 3-day food diary based on an individual’s activity. Learners then analyse the results, and produce a set of goals to improve the individual’s dietary practices.
Exams: Yes, 10 question multiple choice exam (30 minutes)
Prison Support Requirements: To support submitting assignments and invigilating of multiple choice exam
Tutor Support: Yes
What’s Next? HFE offer a range of similar Level 3 theory courses including Exercise for Older Adults. Progression is also available via OU – specifically Level 1 Module Introduction to Sport and Fitness E117.
Find out more: You can find more from HFE’s website here
© Prisoners' Education Trust 2020