The course has two main units (NG1 and NG2), that cover the following subjects:
1. Why we should manage workplace health and safety
2. How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
3. Managing risk – understanding people and processes
4. Health and safety monitoring and measuring
5. Physical and psychological health
6. Musculoskeletal health
7. Chemical and biological agents
8. General workplace issues
9. Work equipment
Entry Requirements: Level 2 English or equivalent. A background or previous qualification in health and safety is strongly recommended.
Assignments: None, but coursework is recommended to send to ATM for comments before exams.
Exams: One two-hour open book exam testing elements 1-4 (NG1). There is also one practical risk assessment, which covers elements 5-11 (NG2).
Prison Support Requirements: Support completion and submission of assignments. Organize and invigilate exam and assessments.
Tutor Support: Yes
What’s Next? Level 6 National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
Find Out More: From ATM Safety directly here
© Prisoners' Education Trust 2021