The course contains five lessons that follow on from Part 1:
6. Pure Mathematics 4 (Algebra 3, functions and graphs, trigonometry 3, sequences and series)
7. Pure Mathematics 5 (Trigonometry 4, sequences and series 2, differentiation 3, integration 2)
8. Pure Mathematics 6 (Numerical methods, differentiation 4, parameters, integration 3, differential equations)
9. Statistics 2 (Correlation and regression, probability, the normal distribution, approximations and testing)
10. Mechanics 2 (Moments, equilibrium 2, forces and motion, projectiles, further kinematics)
Entry Requirements: Level 2 English and Maths, plus Maths A-Level Part 1
Format of Course Materials: Paper-based
Assignments: Five written assignments. These do not contribute towards the final grade.
Exams: Three exams – each are 2 hours long, and contribute 33.3% towards the final grade. Learners can use a calculator in all three exams. (Funding not included – you will need to re-apply to PET for the exam fees).
Prison Support Requirements: Support completion and submission of assignments. Organize and invigilate exams.
Tutor Support: Yes
What’s Next? Open University Access Module Y033 Science, Technology and Maths
Find Out More: From NEC here
© Prisoners' Education Trust 2021