Mathematics A-Level Part 1
The course contains five lessons:
- Pure Mathematics 1 (Algebra 1, Indices and surds, coordinate geometry, quadratics, graphs, trigonometry 1)
- Pure Mathematics 2 ( Algebra 2, circles, binomial expansion, differentiation 1, exponentials and logarithms 1)
- Pure Mathematics 3 (Trigonometry 2, differentiation 2, exponentials and logarithms 2, integration, vectors)
- Statistics 1 (Mathematical models in statistics, measures of location and spread, representing data, probability, hypothesis testing)
- Mechanics 1 (Mathematical models in mechanics, Kinematics of a particle moving in a straight line, forces, vectors in mechanics, variable acceleration)
Entry Requirements: Level 2 English and Maths
Format of Course Materials: Paper-based
Assignments: Six written assignments. These do not contribute toward the final grade.
Exams: Two exams (Funding not included – you will need to re-apply to PET for the exam fees).
- 2 hours (62.5% of marks) – Calculator
- 1 hour 15 minutes (37.5% of marks) – Calculator
Prison Support Requirements: Support completion and submission of assignments. Organize and facilitate exams.
Tutor Support: Yes
What’s Next? Maths A-Level Part 2
Find Out More: From NEC here
whois: Andy White Freelance WordPress Developer London
© Prisoners' Education Trust 2021