Goldstar A-Levels are provided as Parts 1 and 2. After studying Part 1, learners choose to either take the AS exam (gaining an AS-Level qualification) or they can study Part 2 and take all exams after that, gaining a full A-Level.
The course consists of the following 5 units:
1. The growth of parliamentary democracy c1785–c1870
2. Industrialisation, protest and trade unionism c1785–c1870
3. Poverty and pauperism; the abolition of the slave trade
4. The unification of Germany 1: c1840–51
5. The unification of Germany 1: c1852–71
Entry Requirements: Level 2 English
Assignments: 6 written assignments (corresponding to the above units, plus one introductory assignment). These do not contribute toward the final grade.
Exams: Two exams:
Prison Support Requirements: Support completion and submission of assignments. Organize and facilitate exams.
Tutor Support: Yes
What’s Next? Goldstar Part 2, or OU Access: Arts and Languages (Y031), or People, Work and Society (Y032).
Find Out More: From NEC here
© Prisoners' Education Trust 2021