The course consists of the following five units:
1. The growth of parliamentary democracy c1785–c1870
2. Industrialisation, protest and trade unionism c1785–c1870
3. Poverty and pauperism; the abolition of the slave trade
4. The unification of Germany 1: c1840–51
5. The unification of Germany 1: c1852–71
Entry Requirements: Level 2 English
Format of Course Materials: Paper-based
Assignments: Six written assignments. These do not contribute toward the final grade.
Exams: Two exams (Funding not included – you will need to re-apply to PET for the exam fees).
Prison Support Requirements: Support completion and submission of assignments. Organize and facilitate exams.
Tutor Support: Yes
What’s Next? A-Level History Part 2
Find Out More: From NEC here
© Prisoners' Education Trust 2021