16 Sep 2014
About the event:
Bringing together research and researchers from a range of disciplines, institutions and backgrounds, we aim to invigorate discussion on education in prison. We will be exploring opportunities for developing this network and promoting collaborative approaches between universities, governmental departments and the Criminal Justice System.
When? 16th September 2014, 9.30-4.30 (with a drinks reception until 8pm)
Where? Oxford Centre for Criminology, Manor Road Building, Manor Road, Oxford, OX1 3UQ (Drinks reception: Green Templeton College, 43 Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 6HG)
How much? FREE
Sign up here!
Chairing the day will be His Hon John Samuels QC and confirmed speakers are:
- Dr Andreas Aresti- University of Westminster
- Dr Rosie Meek- Royal Holloway, University of London
- Sarah Morton- Ministry of Justice
- Jason Warr- University of Lincoln
- Dr Martin Glynn- University of Wolverhampton
- Michael Irwin- Queens University Belfast
- Dr Emma Hughes- California State University
- Dr Jane Hurry- Institute of Education
- Helen Nichols- Leeds Metropolitan University
- Anne Pike- Open University
- Dr Kevin Warner- University of Dublin
- Richard Ward- Department of Business Innovation and Skills
Opportunities to Present
The day aims to share research and so we have spaces for poster presentations (with a £75 book award for the best poster) and 10 minute oral presentations on current research impacting on education in prison. If you would like to present, please contact Morwenna Bennallick.